- BRR NAD-Nias, Spatial Information & Mapping Centre, SIM-Centre of Badan Rehabilitasi dan Rekonstrucksi (BRR) NAD-Nias, Banda Aceh, Indonesia.
- Remote Sensing and GIS Centre Syiah-Kuala University, Banda Aceh, Indonesia.
- Vrije University Amsterdam-IVM, Netherlands.
- To survey with help of local partners, use of GEO data among agencies in Banda Aceh and across the province of NAD;
- To determine sources of this GEO data, its quality/usefulness and areas for improvement; and
- To identify (perhaps quantify) value that GEO brings to relief/reconstruction effort by identifying past, present and future role and worth of this information.
- With the help of local partners identify users of GEO data (including use of search tools such as the RAN Database: http://rand.brr.go.id/RAND/);
- Develop survey (with help of Vrije University Amsterdam-IVM, Netherlands);
- Implement a two phase user survey. Phase 1- remote contact with GEO users (phone/email). Phase 2 - dedicated field survey with in-person contact with GEO users in Banda Aceh;
- Compile results;
- Analyze; and
Field SurveyA field visit to Banda Aceh was carried out from 3rd - 12th December, 2007; coinciding with the 2nd International Workshop on Disaster Mitigation hosted at Syiah Kuala University. During the field survey the GEO-BENE representative visited a number of agencies including: Table 1. Organisations visited in Banda Aceh, Indonesia.
|Nat. Gov||BRR, Pusdatin||Mr. E. Darajat|
|Nat. Gov||BRR, Bakosurtanal||Mr. Darmawan|
|University||UNSYIAH, GIS & RS||Mr. M. Affan|
|University||UNSYIAH, Vice Rector||Mr. Dhalan|
|University||UNSYIAH, TDMRC||Mr. Dirhamsyah|
|Local Gov||BPN||Mr. G. Suprato|
|Local Gov||AGDC||Mr. S. Gan|
|NGO||ABD - ETESP||Mr. E. Van Der Zee|
|NGO||Sea Defence Cons.||Mr. J. Kraaij|
|UN||UN ORC||Mr. H. Busa|
|UN||UNICEF||Mr. B. Cahyanto|
|NGO||LOGICA||Mr. D. Hurst|
|NGO||GTZ-SLGSR||Mr. M. Widodo|
|NGO||ManGEONAD||Mr. T. Rehman|
|NGO||Leuser Int. Fnd. (YLI)||Ms. D. R. Sari|
|NGO||Flora Fauna Int. (FFI)||Mr. Syaifuddin|
|NGO||Sogreah||Mr. B. Coiron|